If you’ve run into the problem of people passing through or over you blog without a second’s pause, then you may have a problem. You have put a lot of effort into the way your blog looks. You have put a lot of effort into the content of your blog and blog posts.
Why are people not sticking around to see what you have to offer? Well, it might be the way you have your blog posts set up. Here are a few tips on improving the readability of your blog:
- Images – Quality photos that correspond with your post topic really grab people’s attention. Most people are very visual, so if you can attract their eye, they are more likely to keep reading and hanging around your blog.
- Paragraph size – No one wants to read a huge chunk of text. Break your post into smaller, more manageable paragraphs that will allow people to read it easier and not feel overwhelmed.
- Bullets or numbers – People love lists. It makes it really easy to skim an article or blog post without having to read the whole thing. Then they can just read what points they are interested in.
- Number titles –People love number titles because it gives them some indication to how long the article is going to be. Number titles also usually have numbered lists, which, as I said above, people like because they are easy to scan.
- Accurate titles –The importance of accurate titles cannot be overstated. It is so important that readers know what your post will be about by the title. I am not saying you can’t be creative, but make sure your title has something to do with your blog post.
These five tips are just the tip of the proverbial blog iceberg. Depending on your audience and who you want your blog to appeal to you may need to tweak them a bit. Find out what works for your competitors and use that knowledge to make your blog better. Then find new ways of your own to compete. Good luck and happy blogging!
Nancy Parker was a professional nanny wages and she loves to write about wide range of subjects like health, Parenting, Child Care, Babysitting, nanny background check tips etc. You can reach her @ nancy.parker015 @ gmail.com
Both Larry Rivera and Jamie Pelaez work from home full-time as online entrepreneurs. While we still do some affiliate marketing in the form of product and service related recommendations, our primary focus is our membership site sharing our love of Kung Fu around the world. You can trust we will only recommend resources we personally use to enhance our life and online business. While we make money online, however we cannot guarantee you will. Only because we do not know how dedicated you will choose to be. 😉