Whether you are selling information, services, or products having strong content is what makes the sale. Your information needs to inform, the services need to be explained, and the products need to be descriptive. While there are a few online shoppers that know exactly what they are looking for, the content is how they find you.
Your words need to have the power to inform any visitor to your website about what it is they seek. Your visitors need to leave your site knowing more than when they first arrived. Why is this so important?
1. Income – The better your content is in terms of information, the greater are your chances of income. You want your website to reach more than a thousand visitors per day in order to generate a meaningful amount of money regardless of your niche. Without viable content, the numbers simply won’t be there.
2. Return Visitors – If your content is meaningful for the reader, there could be a chance that he or she will return to your site as a viable source of the content they are looking for. The more often they return, the better are your chances of capitalizing on it in one form or another.
3. SEO Relevancy – The more relevant your content is to a search term, the better your website performs in search results. This is usually accomplished by keywords and phrases that search engines look for throughout your content. However, recent changes to search engine methods such as Google cause these content “bots” to crawl for relevant content on either side of the keyword. Keyword flooding is being reduced and now your content has to be meaningful for the reader.
4. Solidifying Expertise – By having knowledge of the content you are providing, you can begin developing a reputation for being an expert in your field. As long as the content is based on factual information and proven methods, the reputation of your website could begin to grow. The more reputable your website is, the more likely people are going to spend money on it.
5. Bouncing – In Google Analytics there is a measure of data referred to as a “Bounce Rate”. This Bounce is caused when an individual visits your website and leaves without exploring your content. Your content should focus on having a reduced Bounce Rate. This shows that visitors are exploring your content, each time increasing the possibility for income. The only way to decrease this rate is by having informative content.
From a SEO standpoint, having keywords may help the search engines allow visitors to find you. However, if the content is weak or uninformative, then visitors will go somewhere else for what they need. People browse the Internet to increase his or her knowledge of a particular subject. If you can’t provide that knowledge, then your ideas of making money online will surely fail.
Jack Meyer is a regular contributor for http://www.nannybackgroundcheck.com/. As a detective he wants to spread the knowledge of terrible things that can happen when people don’t fully verify the credentials of a caregiver or any employee. He also writes for various law enforcement blogs and sites.
Both Larry Rivera and Jamie Pelaez work from home full-time as online entrepreneurs. While we still do some affiliate marketing in the form of product and service related recommendations, our primary focus is our membership site sharing our love of Kung Fu around the world. You can trust we will only recommend resources we personally use to enhance our life and online business. While we make money online, however we cannot guarantee you will. Only because we do not know how dedicated you will choose to be. 😉