I will cut out all the extra red tape and just tell you that you need to use a Ping Optimizer plugin the reason why is this: Without it out by default wordpress notifies ping servers every time you re-edit your blog post. This will cause ping services to see your self – hosted wordpress blog as spam and will red flag your site. This means less traffic for you.
Ping Optimizer – Don’t Leave Home Without It
I use MaxPress Ping Optimizer. I have bought and used their free plugins they all work sorta. I say sorta because as many of you know wordpress can be a touchy situation when it comes to plugins. I have had my share of mishaps but that isn’t the point. There are other plugins than the ones that maxpress comes out with, I just happen to like theirs.
This post is to just let you know.
1. You should be using some sorta of ping optimizer plugin, if for any reason to prevent your blog from constantly pinging services.
2. Maxpress.com plugins are quality and maxpress ping optimizer is free to download and hook up to your blog. Even better is the fact that he even gives you a good ping list to use.
Ping Optimizer Wrap Up
The bottom line here is you should get Maxpress’s ping optimizer it’s a good plugin and I have been using the older version of this plugin for a while now. I am glad that he finally updated it.. I just wanted to quickly let you know that he updated the plugin.
The Take Away Is This:
1. By default WordPress notifies ping services every time you do a change on an active post (This is a bad thing)
2. You can get a Free Optimizer Plugin that solves the problem.
- Can WordPress plugin updates change the plugin’s settings? (stackoverflow.com)
- Best of WordPress Anti-Spam Plugins and Why You Need None to Fight Spam (gabrielcatalano.com)