Traffic, congested traffic in the streets for that matter, can significantly increase your blood pressure and temper. However, traffic when applied on online networking is something you want to have.
Traffic refers to the amount of visits or hits your blog or website gets. For internet marketers and online entrepreneurs, generating targeted traffic is crucial in increasing your income. More visitors translate to more customers being aware of your offered products and services. More prospects means more sales and income.
The question is how do you direct traffic to your blog or website?
Stable businesses and companies would often allocate part of their capital on traffic generation. However, if you are a home-based mom seeking ways to earn extra income, then spending to generate traffic may not be a good idea. Good thing, there are effective ways of directing internet users to your website/ blog without spending money, just effort and time.
• Participating in online communities, forums and message boards related to your niche. There are different kinds of forum and online communities focused on specific niche. Be an active member of these forum and provide users valuable information.
Doing such will establish your credibility as a “go-to-guy” in your niche. Hence, when you start to plug products and services and direct them to your website by posting links, members would not consider your posts junk or spam. Rather, then would recognize it as valuable and indispensable.
• You can also start trading links with other bloggers or websites. You just have to communicate with the website/ blog’s webmaster to ensure that you are not shelling out money for generating targeted traffic.
• If you are a member of social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter, then take advantage of such opportunity. Encourage friends and even your friend’s contact list to visit your page by putting up links.
• Article writing and being a guest blogger, is also another great way of directing readers to your websites. There are different websites that can host your articles for free, just include links after the post directing users to your blog/ website. You may even earn regular readers, as long as you post credible, valuable, and well-written articles.
• Don’t forget about posting good and quality content in your own site. Search engines recognize keywords and keyword phrases. However, putting too many keywords in your article can make your content sound forced and incoherent. Your articles may even look unprofessional.
Generating targeted traffic requires effort and of course, hard work. In a competitive industry as online marketing and business, you need to make sure that you are constantly offering updated information in your site.