Are Your blog Comments Getting Seen?
IÂ have been blogging for about 5 years, in that time I have seen more crappy blog comments than I care to mention.Â Getting blog comments on the right blog could mean a ton of traffic for you. It could also help you climb in seo rankings. The problem is though most new blog comments really stink!
Getting Blog Comments From Other bloggers
The best comments you could get is from other bloggers and if you have a new blog the best way to get other bloggers to visit you is by you visiting them first.Â I know many of you probably are thinking I tried that and it doesn’t work.Â If it is not working for you, then the main reason is probably because your blog comments are lacking.
More useful tips about from around the blogosphere:
Check out the image above and you will see that Google does in fact index your blog comments. This blog comment is made on my blog post, â€œHow To Protect Your Affiliate Commissions,â€ and the comment was made by Corin Zander. …
Publish Date: 08/12/2010 13:33
A comment makes us feel good and/or helps to extend the post itself. Sometimes the comments are even better than the post. So, when a blogger begins noticing a decrease of comments on their blog, it can be depressing. …
Publish Date: 07/30/2010 23:34
You write that fantastic blog post. You spend a lot of time on it. You stare at it in all it’s glory. You think, â€œDamn! That’s a hot post!â€. So, you publish it. Sit back and wait for the limelight and praise of your audience. Butâ€¦
Publish Date: 07/07/2010 10:12
How to submit good Blog Comments
I have talked about this before, but it needs repeating because I still get boatloads of comments that are totally irrelevant and pointless. Therefore I delete them and they never get seen.
- Don’t link to a splash page or lead capture page, they are boring and I don’t want to bore my readers with junk.
- You really should be using gravatar – I like to see peoples faces, there are times when I let spam comments through just because the person used gravatar.
- Make your comment relevant to the post. –>pointless, thoughtless comments will not get seen on real blogs
- Be respectful to the author of the blog
- Make a point
- Use decent grammar – My grammar sucks but I still try and use periods and check my spelling (most times). Make sure you leave a blog comment before leaving.