Would you open up a stall that sells apples on a high street filled with only stalls that sell apples? Would appear to be such a great idea now would it? 😉 Same is the case with Internet Marketing, the kind that’s done right.
The problem is that people don’t think “naturally” when it comes to Internet Marketing.
For a lot of people, it’s some kind of fantasy-filled realm where they have to mimic what the other Tolkien is up to so they can benefit from it too. Why on earth would you write another Lord of the Rings with the same title to put on the same shelf at a book store? Doesn’t seem like a very appealing business plan now does it?
Be natural. Think natural. Think like you would if you were standing on a street full of salesmen selling something or the other and were left with the task of selling something on that same street. The first thing you would think would be “so what are these guys NOT selling – let me go do that!”
Internet Marketing is like any other discipline.
You need to pick one cherry from the bunch and exploit it for maximum gain.
BUT, how you pick the cherry really matters, for your entire Internet Marketing strategy depends on it.
Day in, day out, I see every newcomer to the Internet Marketing industry either writing up a rehashed information product, or going after yet another niche that is already saturated with players ranging from newbies to seasoned promoters.
What is the point, I ask.. And what is the point of being in this industry altogether, they ask, when they’re finally tired of messing with the same old beaten-up ways that they’ve been forced into thinking along the lines of, by none other than Internet Marketers looking to make a quick buck off them.
Listen to me, and don’t fall for these silly traps.
Pick a niche. Do it wisely. Don’t pick something like “make money online” or “how to lose weight” or “how to be a facebook marketing guru”..
Can I be honest?
Can I speak my mind?
Brace yourself then.
Read my lips:
NOBODY GIVES A SHIT..
..about your next big Internet Marketing information product.
If you want to stay in the league of people who sell $37 products with a 50% refund rate for eternity, then be my guest and go waste your time on the same nonsense.
If you want to be a pro at the Internet Marketing game, then go find a niche where there’s hardly any competition, hardly any PPC ads, but a tonne of searches on Search Engines right left and center.
Many will argue that there are no such niche markets where there’s high demand on search engines but no advertiser competition.
I say “bollocks”.
There are hundreds if not thousands of micro niche markets oozing with traffic all day long that you can tap into at a fraction of the cost in terms of time and effort that you spend wasting yourself away on cheesy little markets like “make money online” and “how to lose belly fat” – these markets are dead and gone, they have been taken over.
If you aren’t contemplating making a version of coca-cola to put out in the market for fear of being squashed by Coca-Cola themselves, then why on earth do I see everyone making more eBooks about how to make money online? Jesus..
Here’s what you have to do:
1. Find a niche that has little to no PPC ads floating around when you type in a search query on Google.
2. Research keywords for it via WordTracker.com or Google’s Keyword Tool.
3. Go over to GoDaddy.com and buy a domain (for $10 I think..) that has the “Primary Keyword” of the niche in the domain.
4. Setup a wordpress blog on the domain at your web host.
5. Write 3 articles and create wordpress “pages” out of them, all centred around a discussion to do with your primary keyword niche. Make sure they are helpful articles, don’t go over 250 words each.
6. Buy a landing page template from GraphicRiver.net and modify it to suit your niche. Make use of catchy copy (2 or 3 sentences as benefits of subscribing to your site).
7. Setup an email list management account at Aweber.com or Mailchimp.com, setup a new list and download the form code they give you for the list.
8. Paste the code into your landing page and use a free web editor like “Kompozer” to align it nice and neatly.
9. Go over to Google Adwords and create yourself a new Adwords account. Pop $10 into it.
10. Setup one Ad Group with only 5 keywords from your keyword research that you think are most relevant to your site and get decent traffic.
11. Setup TWO Text Ads for this Ad Group and submit them to Google for review/approval.
12. Once Google approves the ads, your campaign will be live. Watch it and tweak your Ad “text” to improve your CTR.
13. If your niche is short of advertiser competition and high in demand, you will see silly costs like $0.03 per click.
14. Use Google’s conversion tracking to see how many clicks convert to subscribers.
15. Any subscribers you do get, make sure you begin communicating with them “about” your niche, help them, treat them like people, not affiliate goats.
Once you’re done with the above, come back and comment on this post about what you did and how you’re monitoring it for improvements.
is how you START out in a new niche – It’s ONE of the many ways of doing it right.
Do yourself the justice you deserve, and start conducting “proper” Internet Marketing practices this way.
You will love yourself for making the effort 🙂
Ali is also an Affiliate Marketer, Product Creation & Launch Consultant, Copywriter, and one of the most Highly Recognized Programmers in theÂ Internet Marketing world, the Lead Technologist behind the Blockbuster Launch of The Internet Time Machine, and Search Engine NowRelevant.com, and has been mentioned for his work in several International News Publications such as Forbes, The Chicago Tribune, NY Times, LA Times, and Reuters, to name a few.