Step 1 to becoming social proof is clearly defining the purpose of your business and knowing your target market.
I often ask InternetÂ Network Marketers why they chose the business they are in. Sometimes I have to laugh to keep from crying for these folks, because most just picked the business because it sounded good or because they thought they could get rich from it. Often times the ones in network marketing have no clue who their sponsor either. Basically, most people in this online marketing industry are totally clueless in how to pick a business/niche and have no rhyme or reason let alone true defined purpose for being in that particular business. This could very well be why there are so many program hoppers and failures.
Whether you are an Affiliate Marketer, Network Marketer, InternetÂ Marketer, Freelancer, Product Creator or Serial Entrepreneur you have to pick a business that suits your purpose in life but also has a viable target audience.
This brings up another pointâ€¦ Most people have no clue who their target market is let alone where to find them. Today, I am going to give you some exact steps to evaluate what your purpose is and if your business aligns with that. Next week we will figure out who your target market really is.
We are going to do what most smart brick & mortar based businesses do. We are going to create your business plan. In the process of creating this business plan you will define your purpose & values, your businessâ€™s purpose and your target market.
I made the mistake as many have when I first came into this industry of thinking a desire to have â€˜freedomâ€™ and to make money from home was enough. I really should have known better after all I graduated with a degree in Advertising & Design! I wanted to figure out my target market, etc. but my upline and the info I was finding back then told me everyone who had a pulse was my target market. This is the biggest lie in the Internet & Network Marketing industries. I felt it was wrong and eventually rebelled against this lie and went back to my true marketing roots that apply to both the online & offline marketing arenas. The principles I will share with you go hand & hand and are the life blood of your business.
Remember, just because everyone could technically learn how to become a success in either one of these industries, does not mean everyone is meant to or wants to for that matter. Yup I said it, not every warm body will do! If you are still operating in this manner, I highly encourage you to stop and find your real target market so you can create better relationships and a better business.
Do you genuinely enjoy what you do?
If your answer is no, then stop right here! Take the time to explore why you chose a business you are not happy with (please do not beat yourself up if you are in this category). Most of us have done this at least once (I have just started the true process of living in my purpose). The good news is not all is lost and you can take away some valuable life lessons! Explore what knowledge, talents and hobbies you enjoy and give you a sense of purpose. If you could do anything, what would you do? There is a great possibility that what you are great at and love can become your business. If you donâ€™t know how to figure this out, come back next week as we break it down!
Remember being in business is not just about turning a buck. You will be the richest person in town when you truly love what you do.
For those that answered yes, congratulations on living your purpose!
Ok letâ€™s get started in defining your businessâ€¦
10 Questions To Clarify Your Business Purpose:
(Even if you already have a business plan, take the time to write down the answers to these questions. Often as we learn and grow, our purpose/mission grows too.)
- What are your values?
- What niche is your business in?
- Why did you choose this niche?
- What is your main mission?
- What do you plan on accomplishing with your business in the next 1, 2, 5 and 10 years?
- How can your business help your target market?
- Who are your top 3 competitors?
- What makes your business stand out from the rest?
- What qualities/skills do you have that are unique and can help your potential clients and/or partners?
- What areas do you know you need to improve in or acquire skills in to serve your clients best?
Once you have answered these questions, and you truly enjoy what you doâ€¦ You can now write your formal mission, goals & value statements!
Profit On Knowledge Challenge:
- If you havenâ€™t already answered the above questions, take the time to do so now. You & your business are so worth it!
- Create a blog post with your questions and final draft of your mission, goals & values statements. Make sure to track back to this blog post.
- Put your statements on your â€˜About Meâ€™ page for your blog or website.
- If you have any questions or comments, let us know!
- If you enjoyed this post, please pass it on.
Coming up next Watercooler Wednesday: Step 1 For Social Proof Success Part 2 | Defining Your Target Market
See you next week!
|Jamie Pelaez is a WAHM mom with a zeal for helping others to live an inspired life. She specializes in OnlineÂ Marketing, Social Media, Graphic Design, Copywriting, Business Consulting & Â Motivation. She is skilled atÂ serving & helping online entrepreneurs & small business owners to succeed in their marketplace. |
‘Test all things and hold firmly that which is good.’ Â ~1 Thessalonians 5:21
- The Topmost Marketing Must – Know Your Target Market (customerthink.com)
- 4 concepts to optimize and simplify your online presence (shuaism.com)
- Watercooler Wednesday: 7 Steps To Social Proof Success Intro (profitonknowledge.com)